Help with your bill

Everyone needs essential water services, but we know that unforeseen events such as an illness or relationship breakdown may make it hard to pay your bill.  

Watch our video to see how we can help.

We can speak your language!

لدينا معلومات مفيده متوفرة باللغة العربية او بأمكانك الاتصال بنا عبر خدمة الترجمة المجانية على 131450

我们提供简体中文的有用信息,您也可以使用我们的免费翻译服务致电 13 14 50

我們提供繁體中文的實用信息,您也可以撥打13 14 50使用我們的免費翻譯服務

Εχουμε πληροφορίες διαθέσιμες στα Ελληνικά ή μπορείτε να μας τηλεφωνήσετε χρησιμοποιώντας την δωρεάν θπηρεσία διερμηνέθν στο 13 14 50.

유용한 정보를 한국어로 제공합니다. 무료통역사가 필요하시면 13 14 50으로 전화주세요.

Chúng tôi có sẵn những thông tin hữu ích bằng tiếng Việt hoặc quý vị có thể gọi qua số 13 14 50 để sử dụng dịch vụ thông dịch miễn phí.

What we offer

Extend your due date for a short time or set up a payment plan to make regular, fortnightly or monthly payments.

Call 13 20 92 to use our automated payment extension service or speak to an operator.
Make deductions from your Centrelink payment, straight to your Sydney Water account.

If you own your property and receive Centrelink payments, call us on 13 20 92 to set up this free service for you.

If you're a tenant, call Centrelink or visit their website for more information.

Our Payment Assistance Scheme (PAS) provides emergency relief to customers struggling to pay their water bill.

If you own and live in your home, or are a tenant who pays your own water usage (have your own meter):

  • call us on 13 20 92
  • visit one of our community agencies for a confidential assessment of your individual circumstances.

Our qualified case coordinators, or one of our accredited community agencies, will talk to you about your situation. If you're eligible, they'll apply PAS credits directly to your Sydney Water bill to reduce your debt.

We offer a plumbing service for customers who are experiencing financial difficulty and need essential plumbing work.

To qualify for this service, you must be:

  • the owner and occupier of your home
  • assessed as eligible by a Sydney Water Customer Care case coordinator
  • residing in the home that will receive the service
  • in a property with a Sydney Water meter
  • unable to afford essential plumbing repairs.

For more information, please read our Terms and conditions or call us on  13 20 92 to see if you're eligible.

What is essential work?
This includes repairing or replacing leaking or broken toilets, taps, showerheads and pipes, and finding and repairing hidden leaks.

BillAssist® is our customer assistance program for people experiencing longer-term payment difficulties.

Our qualified community service staff can help you manage payment difficulties or growing bills and debt. Your dedicated case coordinator will:

  •  confidentially talk to you about your situation
  •  provide you with a range of support options and advice tailored to your needs.

If you’re having trouble paying your bills, call us on 13 20 92. Ask to speak to our Customer Care team.

If you receive an aged, disability or service pension or government allowance, you may be eligible for a  pension rebate on your bill each quarter.

Simply claim your pensioner rebate online or call us on 13 20 92.

Other help and support

Customer with a child looking at a bill

If you need help with other matters, call these other useful services.

Accredited community agencies

CMT team meeting

For help with your bill, visit one of our accredited community agencies.