Contact us

We want to make it easy for you to get in touch. There are lots of ways to contact us to suit your needs.

Ask a question

Got a question about your bill, or need some advice? We're here to help.

13 20 92 from NSW

Interstate 1300 143 734

Overseas +61 1300 143 734

8.30 to 5.30, Monday to Friday

Report a fault

Need to tell us about a leak, broken pipes or water quality problems?

13 20 90

(24 hours, 7 days)

We can also help if you have questions about a leaking water meter, wastewater faults and some stormwater faults.

If you have a leak in the water pipes on your side of the meter (see below), please call a licensed plumber.

Meter responsibilities - Cropped2

We'll repair leaks in the blue sections. You're responsible for maintaining the orange sections.

Check your account balance

Use our online account balance tool to instantly see what's owing on your bill.

Just enter your 11 digit payment number (look in the bottom right hand corner of your bill).

Get help online

Search our database to find answers to the most common questions.

If you can't find the information you need, complete our web form and we'll respond to you soon.

You can also use the form to send a compliment or complaint.

Change your address

If you'd like your bills to go to a different mailing address, simply complete our Mailing address changes form and we'll update your account.


Have you received great service? If you'd like to acknowledge a staff member, contractor, product or service:


We understand you may occasionally have a complaint about our service or experience with us. We're committed to managing these complaints promptly, fairly, confidentially and professionally.

We accept and manage complaints to help improve our services, products, decisions and actions. This in turn helps us increase customer satisfaction.

To make a complaint:

We'll send you a confirmation email and complaint reference number when you submit the form, or tell you a complaint reference number if you call us.

If we can't resolve your complaint immediately, we'll provide an initial response within:

  • two working days if you've called or spoken directly to us
  • five working days if you've written to us or sent us an email and we can't respond sooner by phone or in person.

Our initial response may be:

  • a solution that you accept
  • our intended actions to resolve the complaint.

If you're not happy with our solution, you can choose to have the complaint reviewed again by a manager. If you're still unhappy, you can contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman of NSW (EWON) for free, independent dispute resolution. 

To know more about how we manage complaints, read our Customer complaints policy. 

Claims for damages 

If you need to make a claim for injury, or for loss or damage to your property because of our business activities: 

  • download and complete the Notification of incident form
  • email or post the form and any related documents to us. The details are on the bottom of the form.

We'll contact you within five days to let you know we've received your claim. We'll then fully investigate your claim and contact you with the outcome.

Find out more about claims for damages.

We're committed to being fair, honest, safe and responsible in all that we do.

How can you make a report?

Do you suspect corrupt behaviour from our staff or contractors? Call our independent corruption hotline on 1800 500 965 to report corrupt behaviour, serious waste of resources or any other suspicious matters.

The hotline is managed by KPMG and all calls are confidential. To find out more, read KPMG's privacy statement.

You can also make a report by:

The FairCall Manager
KPMG Forensic
PO Box H67
Australia Square
Sydney NSW 1213

Do you need to send us a document? You can send letters, forms and other documents online, or by mail or fax.

Please clearly address all correspondence to Sydney Water.

Postal address

PO Box 399
Parramatta NSW 2124

Cheque payments

PO Box 339
Silverwater NSW 2128



1300 362 092

If English is not your first language, try our free translation service. Call 13 14 50(8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday)

هل ترغب في استخدام خدمة الترجمة؟ يرجى الاتصال بالرقم 13 14 50

Souhaitez-vous utiliser notre service de traduction? S'il vous plaît appeler 13 14 50

Möchten Sie unseren Übersetzungsservice nutzen? Bitte rufen Sie 13 14 50

Volete utilizzare il nostro servizio di traduzione? Si prega di chiamare 13 14 50

Ønsker du å bruke vår oversettelse service? Ring 13 14 50

¿Quieres utilizar nuestro servicio de traducción? Por favor, llame al 13 14 50
We offer a free teletypewriter (TTY) service for customers with hearing and speech difficulties.

Call the National Relay Service on 13 36 77 and enter the phone number 13 20 90 (24 hours, seven days).

You can also use our web form to send us your enquiry.

We have Australia's largest dedicated water, trade wastewater and environmental sampling and testing facility.

We provide a full range of services for a fee, including:

  • field sampling
  • laboratory analysis
  • hydrometric services
  • sample design
  • data analysis
  • reporting.

Learn more

Ask a question

Sydney Water Tap inTM lets you apply online for services including:

  • connections
  • building plan approvals
  • sewer diagrams.
Got a question about Sydney Water Tap in TM?

Call us on 13 000 TAP IN (1300 082 746) 8.30 to 5.30, Monday to Friday.