Apply for a water restrictions exemption for your business

We can provide some non-residential customers with an exemption from the current restrictions if their business relies on using drinking water outdoors.

We consider each application on a case-by-case basis.

Residential customers can't apply for an exemption permit online. However, find out about special exemptions for residential customers.

You don't need to apply for a water restrictions exemption permit if:

  • you're using water indoors only
  • you use greywater, recycled water, rainwater, bore water or river water
  • your business is a water park or water play area
  • you're using water for firefighting, testing and related activities
  • you're using water for dust suppression
  • you're a pool company and need a pool filling permit for a customer (you'll still need to apply for a permit online for your construction and cleaning activities). To apply for a pool filling permit, please email us and include:
    • the list of pools nearing completion
    • your exemptions permit number
    • pool owners' names and addresses
    • the dates proposed to fill each pool and their capacities.