Menangle Park Release Area

This project is in Menangle Park. 

Work will be delivered in stages. Construction of wastewater assets started in November 2014 and should be completed by mid 2017. 

Rural land with horses and hills in background

We're constructing new wastewater assets to service development in Menangle Park.

About the project

We engaged Comdain to build wastewater pipelines and a wastewater pumping station to service development in the northern part of the Menangle Park Release Area. This will be completed by mid 2017.

This work will connect the new development area to our wastewater network on Menangle Road, Glen Alpine.

Menangle Park project map

Menangle Park Release Area wastewater assets - select the map to see a larger version.

How will this work affect you?

You may notice an increase in truck and vehicle movements during construction. We'll make every effort to minimise any impacts this work may have on the community, including traffic and noise. Our traffic management plan includes reducing the current speed limit on Menangle Road.

Appropriate safety, noise and environmental controls will be in place at all times.

How long will the work take?

Delivery of wastewater pipelines and a wastewater pumping station to service the northern part of the Menangle Park Release Area started in November 2014. We expect to finish by mid 2017.

Construction of the pipeline along Menangle Road started in mid 2016. If work is happening in your street, we'll notify you before construction.

Can you stop us accessing your land for surveys and construction of infrastructure?

The Sydney Water Act 1994 gives us powers of entry onto private property for work related to planning and constructing new infrastructure.

Where possible, we'll try to work with landowners to minimise impacts to their property.

How long will our contractors be on your property?

The amount of time will vary. We'll keep residents updated before and during any work.

Will you be compensated for construction on your land?

You won't be compensated for construction work on your property unless the work has damaged your property in some way, or if an access chamber or vent shaft is constructed on your property.

Most water pipelines are built in the road reserve or nature strip and wastewater pipes are located in low-lying areas, often near or along creek beds.

Can you connect directly into the pipelines we build in your area?

We build the major trunk pipelines. Trunk pipes are large water and wastewater pipelines that customers can't connect directly into.

Once the trunk mains have been built, developers will then build the next stage of pipelines, called reticulation or lead-in pipelines, needed to service individual properties.

How can you connect to the new water and wastewater service?

If water and wastewater services are available in your area, and you'd like to sub-divide and develop your land, you'll need to a Section 73 certificate. Your application for a Section 73 certificate needs to be lodged by a Water Servicing Coordinator through the e-developer process.

Learn more about Section 73 certificates.

What are Water Servicing Coordinators?

Water Servicing Coordinators can help you with your application to adjust, extend or connect into our pipes. Coordinators can answer questions about your application on behalf of Sydney Water. They can also facilitate the project management, design and construction of any required work. They are not employees of Sydney Water.

Learn more about Water Servicing Coordinators.

How much will it cost to connect to Sydney Water’s water and wastewater network?

There is no set fee for connecting to our drinking water and wastewater network.

When we receive a Section 73 application, we issue a Notice of Requirements detailing what needs to be built to service new developments. The requirements are influenced by the size and nature of the development and where it is in relation to our trunk network. Meeting these requirements is a large part of the cost required to connect to our network.

Charges that may be incurred include:

  • contract administration fees
  • fees for checking building plans (there may be requirements for building over or adjacent to the wastewater pipes)
  • plumbing and drainage inspection and connection fees. For example, water main drilling costs
  • Sydney Water trade waste charges
  • fees for approving large drinking water connections.
To learn more, contact our Community Relations Team by:
Sydney Water
Community Relations - Growth
PO Box 399