Pension rebates

If you receive a pension, you could qualify for a discount (rebate) on your bill.

You qualify for a rebate if you have either:

  • a Pensioner Concession Card from Services Australia (the Agency) or Department of Veterans' Affairs
  • a gold Health Card from Department of Veterans' Affairs (also known as a gold card). Your card must show one of the following:
    • War widow
    • War widower
    • Extreme disablement adjustment (EDA)
    • Totally and temporarily incapacitated (TTI)
    • Totally and permanently incapacitated (TPI).
We'll also give you a rebate if you receive a Department of Veterans' Affairs intermediate rate pension.

To get a rebate, you must own and live in your home. Your home must be a:

  • single dwelling
  • dual occupancy
  • strata or company title unit
  • unit in a retirement village with a life term lease.
If you own your home with:
  • a spouse, you'll get 100% of the rebate - whether they're a pensioner or not
  • other people who aren't pensioners, you'll get a smaller rebate. How much you'll get depends on how many people own your home
  • other people who are pensioners but don't live with you, you'll get a smaller rebate. How much you'll get depends on how many people own your home.

Rebate on service charges

We apply a rebate to the service charges on each bill.

How do we calculate it?

We calculate your rebate in the following way. 

Water service 100% of the quarterly service charge to a maximum of $12.35
Wastewater service 86% of the quarterly service charge
Stormwater (if applicable) 50% of the quarterly service charge
You can  claim your pensioner rebate online or call us on 13 20 92.

We'll ask for your permission to check your pension details with Department of Veterans' Affairs or Services Australia.

When we confirm you're eligible, we'll apply a rebate to your next bill.
Ladies paying bill on a tablet

Are you eligible for a pensioner rebate?

Find out about rebates with Service NSW

Ladies at computer at Service NSW

Service NSW is making it easier to access government services and rebates including the Family Energy rebate and Active Kids vouchers.

Appointments are available at selected Service NSW centres.