Oran Park, South Catherine Fields and Turner Road precincts

We're working on a number of projects in this area that will be completed in stages.

A green field that looks over developed parts of Sydney

We're constructing new water and wastewater assets for Oran Park in several stages. 

About Oran Park, South Catherine Fields and Turner Road precincts

We're building water and wastewater infrastructure in stages to meet developer timeframes for an initial development of about 17,000 homes.

We're currently planning new drinking water infrastructure to service the Oran Park Precinct. We're also constructing new wastewater infrastructure to service the undeveloped northern portions of Oran Park and South Catherine Fields.

Construction on the drinking water infrastructure for the Turner Road precinct began early 2016. The project will also service the nearby Manooka Valley and Gledswood Hills Eastern developments.

Drinking water

Drinking water infrastructure in Turner Road was completed in late 2016. Infrastructure to service Oran Park is being constructed and will be available by mid 2018.


We're building wastewater infrastructure in Oran Park and South Catherine Fields. A new pumping station and wastewater mains will be completed by mid 2018.

Turner Road (including Manooka Valley and Gledswood Hills Eastern developments)
Proposed assets
Drinking water
  • Surface reservoir
  • Two water pumping stations
  • 4.6 km of water pipelines
  • We've engaged Zinfra to build the water infrastructure
  • The reservoir and pipelines will be built by mid 2017
Oran Park and South Catherine Fields
Proposed assets
Drinking water
(Oran Park only)               
  • Surface reservoir        
  • Water pumping station
  • Booster pumps
  • 1 km of water pipelines
  • We expect water infrastructure to be available by mid to late 2018            
(Oran Park and South Catherine Fields)
  • Wastewater pumping station
  • 8.5 km of wastewater pipelines
  • We expect wastewater infrastructure to be available by mid 2018

Why can we access your land for surveys and construction?

The Sydney Water Act gives us powers of entry onto private property for work related to the construction of new infrastructure.

Where possible, we'll work with landowners to minimise property impacts.

How long will our contractors be on your property for?

That will vary. We'll keep you updated before and during survey work.

When will you be compensated for construction on your land?

We won't compensate you for construction work on your property unless:

  • our work has damaged your property in some way
  • we construct an access chamber or vent shaft on your property.

Most water pipelines are built in the road reserve or nature strip. Wastewater pipelines are located in low-lying areas, often near or along creek beds.

Can you connect directly into the pipelines we build in your area?

We build the major trunk pipelines. Trunk pipes are large water and wastewater pipelines. Customers can't connect directly into a trunk pipeline. 

Once the trunk mains have been built, developers will build the next stage of pipelines. They're called reticulation or lead-in pipelines and are needed to service individual properties.

Why don't we build all the trunk infrastructure and smaller pipelines in the area?

A lot of infrastructure is required to service the entire North West Growth Centre. There is uncertainty about where and when other infrastructure such as roads, gas, phone and power will be located until a precinct is rezoned and precinct plans have been developed.

Smaller pipelines in these new release areas are usually laid in road reserves. It's often more efficient and effective to have developers lay the infrastructure as they're building the roads for a new housing development.

Learn more about applications and approvals.  

How can you connect into the water and wastewater service?

If water and wastewater services are available in your area and you'd like to sub-divide and develop your land, you need to get a Section 73 certificate. A Water Servicing Coordinator must lodge your application for a certificate through the e-developer process.

Learn more about applications and approvals.

What are Water Servicing Coordinators?

Water Servicing Coordinators can help with your application to adjust, extend or connect into our pipes. Coordinators are not employed by Sydney Water, but they can:

  • answer questions about your application on our behalf
  • help with the project management, design and construction of any required work.

View a list of Water Servicing Coordinators.

How much will it cost to connect to our water and wastewater network?

There is no set fee to connect to our drinking water and wastewater network.

When we receive a Section 73 application, we issue a Notice of Requirements detailing what needs to be built to service the new development. The requirements are influenced by the size and nature of the development and where it is in relation to our trunk pipeline network. Meeting these requirements is a large part of the cost required to connect to our network.

Charges may include:

  • contract administration fees
  • fees for checking building plans (there may be requirements for building over or adjacent to the wastewater pipes)
  • plumbing and drainage inspection and connection fees. For example, water main drilling costs
  • trade waste charges
  • fees for approving large drinking water connections.
To learn more, contact our Community Relations Team by:

Sydney Water
Community Relations - Growth                 
PO Box 399