Douglas Park Wastewater Scheme
Customers are now connecting to the new wastewater service in Douglas Park.
The scheme was completed in mid 2014.
Improved wastewater services is benefitting the village and community of Douglas Park.
About the scheme
We’ve provided a new wastewater service to about 154 properties in the village of Douglas Park.
The new service is a pressure sewerage system. This involves tanks and pumps that move wastewater from each eligible property to the street sewer network.
Wastewater from the village will then be collected at a storage facility on Moreton Park Road, Douglas Park and transported by tanker trucks to our wastewater pumping station on Camden Valley Road at Catherine Field.
Property owners who signed Pressure Sewerage Agreements must connect their properties to the new wastewater system.
Wollondilly Shire Council is the regulatory authority for on-site septic systems. They're encouraging eligible properties to connect to the new wastewater system as soon as possible to ensure the significant benefits are achieved quickly.
To know more, call Wollondilly Shire Council on 4677 1100 or visit www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au.
Connections are available to eligible properties.
- Douglas Park Wastewater Scheme - Community update - Dec 2014
- Connection checklist for eligible properties - Priority Sewerage Program
- Reasons to connect - Priority Sewerage Program
- Understanding the costs - Priority Sewerage Program
- Guidelines for the destruction, reuse or removal of your existing waste management system - Wollondilly Shire Council
- Douglas Park Wastewater Scheme - Community update - February 2014
- Douglas Park Wastewater Scheme - October 2013
To learn more, contact our Community Relations Team by:
- calling us on 1800 006 326 (Monday to Friday - 9 am to 5 pm)
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- sending a letter to:
Sydney Water, Community Relations – Priority Sewerage Program
PO Box 399, Parramatta NSW 2124