Financial assistance

Everyone needs essential water services.

We understand that people sometimes have financial difficulties. If you're having trouble paying your bill, we can help. Call us on 13 20 92.

What we offer


If you receive an aged, disability or service pension or government allowance, you may be eligible for a concession on your bill.


Centrepay - the easy way to pay your bills and expenses.

Centrepay is a voluntary bill-paying service which is free for Centrelink customers. Use Centrepay to arrange regular deductions from your Centrelink payment.

You can start or change a deduction at any time. The quickest way to do it is through your Centrelink account online.

For more information call us on 13 20 92 or visit

Payment arrangements

If you want to pay in regular, smaller amounts, call us on 13 20 92 to discuss an arrangement that suits your needs. We can: 

  • defer your payment for a short time
  • arrange for you to pay regular instalments.

If you need other advice and help, we can refer you to a community agency or our BillAssist™ team. 

Payment Assistance Scheme (PAS)

Our Payment Assistance Scheme (PAS) helps customers who are in financial difficulty and can’t pay their water bill.  

We can refer you to a community service agency, local neighbourhood centre or our BillAssist™ team to assess if you’re eligible.  Call us on 13 20 92.

PAS is available to:

  • customers who own and occupy their home
  • private tenants who pay for their water use.

If you’re eligible, the PAS payment is credited directly to your account.

You'll need a payment plan after receiving PAS once within 12 months.


BillAssist™ is our customer assistance program if you have longer-term payment difficulties.

Our qualified community service staff can help with payment difficulties or growing bills and debt. Call us on 13 20 92.

BillAssist™ can:  

  • extend the due date on your bill
  • make a regular payment arrangement
  • register you for regular Centrepay deductions
  • arrange a Payment Assistance Scheme (PAS) payment
  • check if you have leaks and refer you to the PlumbAssist™ Program
  • refer you  to financial counsellors
  • refer you to the No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) for energy and water efficient appliances
  • provide specialist advice and information on assistance options. 


PlumbAssist™ is a plumbing service for customers in financial difficulty who need essential or emergency plumbing work.

Call our BillAssist™ team on 13 20 92 for an assessment.

To be eligible you must be:

  • the owner occupier of the residence
  • experiencing financial hardship
  • unable to afford essential or emergency plumbing repairs.

Plumbing work includes repairing or replacing leaking or broken toilets, hot water systems, other internal plumbing and outdoor pipes and concealed leaks.

Other useful services

If you need extra help, call these other useful services:

  • Credit and Debt hotline on 1800 007 007 
  • Financial Counsellors on 1800 007 007
  • Energy Information Line for energy rebates and other energy assistance on 1300 136 888
  • No Interest Loans Schemes on freecall 1800 509 994.