We publish details about the contracts we've awarded when they:
- are between Sydney Water and a private sector contractor
- were signed after 1 July 2010
- are for a value of $150,000 or more and involve the:
- contractor doing a specific project such as construction, infrastructure or property development
- contractor agreeing to provide specific goods or services
- transfer or lease of real property.
Class 1 contracts
Class 1 contracts are those that have, or are likely to have, a value of $150,000 or more.
Class 2 contracts
Class 2 contracts are Class 1 contracts that also fit into one of the following categories:
- There hasn't been a public tender process and the terms and conditions of the contract have been directly negotiated with the contractor.
- The contract was the subject of a tender (public or not), but the terms and conditions have been substantially negotiated with the contractor.
- The obligations of one or more parties to maintain or operate infrastructure or assets could continue for 10 years or more and the contract involves a privately financed project or the exchange of significant assets.
Class 3 contracts
If a Class 2 contract has a value, or likely value of more than $5 million, it becomes a Class 3 contract.