|Home > Performance – Serving customers
page 2 of 6
Meeting customer needs
Residential customers want reliable and sustainable services and prompt repairs when there are main breaks. Businesses need help with trade waste, recycled water and backflow.
Sydney Water is implementing a five-year strategy to improve services, including:
- having a dedicated team manage and resolve complaints – to reduce referrals to other areas of Sydney Water by about 80%
- giving businesses a single point of contact for their water, wastewater, recycled water, trade waste, backflow and other needs
- upgrading the website so it is easier to navigate and meets the needs of different customer groups, including more self service options
- trialling new technology to improve responses in the field to breaks and leaks
- investigating new meter reading technologies – including remote reading of inaccessible meters
- giving clearer options for customers in financial difficulty
- streamlining connections processes for developers and businesses.
Property developers want better support from Sydney Water to manage new developments. During 2009–10, Sydney Water started implementing process improvements for property developers. These included:
- new case management approach to better manage enquiries from application through to delivery
- clear communication pathways to raise issues, get advice and negotiate solutions
- easier access to Sydney Water decision makers through the External Quality Council and Water Servicing Coordinator Forum
- simpler approaches for small developments
- owner/builder checklist – how Sydney Water can help you when you are building.
Sydney Water’s new Customer Management System, to go live in 2011, will underpin many of these improvements. The system consolidates customer information into one system and makes it easier and faster for staff to track information and manage customer enquiries. Staff will be able to resolve more customer calls in the first contact, rather than referring customers to other areas.
back to top ^
next page >